Friday, October 03, 2008

Brotherly love

Those of you who know us well, and even those of you who don't, most likely know who "George" is. He is Gavin's very favorite stuffed animal- a blue elephant (actually, he has 3 identical ones). Gavin goes very few places w/o George in tow-he's graduated to leaving him in the car or in his backpack, but we never leave overnight w/o him. So, as you can imagine- Gavin is very protective of his closest friend, George. Tonight isn't the first time I've seen this, but finally have time to write a post about it- I walked into the boys room after they (finally!!!) fell asleep. Carter's lovey (a giraffe, named Melman) was lost somewhere in the house, so he had to go to bed w/o him- so, sometime during his crying and playing w/ Gavin (all while they were supposed to be sleeping...you can just imagine), Gavin gave Carter 2 of his Georges! I walked in to find Gavin asleep tightly clutching his remaining George and Carter has the other two neatly tucked, one under each arm! Seeing that makes all the 'wrestling' and 'pushing' and 'yelling at' that Gavin does to Carter all day, not seem so bad- he really does love his little brother.

Carter is coming into his own person more and more each day. Today I found him standing on top of the end tables pulling the kleenex out of the box and dropping them on the floor, I found him standing on the back of the couch (fortunately our couch is up against a wall!)...not to mention all the times I found him pushing chairs around trying to climb up on them to 'scale' the baby gate! Smart, smart kid. We need to put his climbing skills to use very soon- the REI in Pittsburgh offers Tot Climbing on Friday mornings...you better bet we'll be there with our big kid and our little 'spiderman'!

Gotta go- JB should be home any moment now-he's been gone in Moscow since Wednesday early morning and his flight landed here not too long ago! Can't wait to see him- especially since he's bearing gifts of Starbucks coffee and Papa Johns...gotta love Moscow! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How cute! You are blessed to have such sweet and fun boys.