Wednesday, July 30, 2008

almost home

JB just called from the airport parking lot...it is 10:45pm and they are finally on their way home! Only after sitting forever in Moscow traffic, 2 flights with Carter who can't bear to be stuck on your lap, a doctor visit (including shots!), waiting 2 hours for Chuck to get everything straightened out at the lost luggage counter (interpretation: they have no idea where his luggage is, but they think it might be in Frankfurt! ha!) Either way, when they find it they'll send it here. Hopefully that will be tomorrow. After figuring out the baggage dilemma they ran to catch their flight here...and now they're finally on their way.

The house is clean. It's quiet. Gavin is fast asleep. I didn't realize how nice it can be to sit down alone and just listen to the traffic on the street. I never thought the sound of cars and beeping horns could be soothing..but I guess anything can be when it means a break from crying kids, wiping bums, refilling juice cups, and cleaning up messes!

All in all, today was a great day! It was so great to spend time with Gavin- he was so well behaved- but I guess it makes a big difference when you have mom's undivided attention all day and don't have a little brother swiping your toys everything you turn your head. I forgot how 'easy' it is just having one child. I don't ever remember thinking it was easy before Carter arrived- but now that we have 2- one seems like a piece of cake!

Okay... off to get a glass of Coke light and enjoy the last moments of the day before the craziness of the next 7 days begins. bye.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Those photos are from Maldives - gorgeous, huh? Now that's one place I would love to be called to as a missionary. :-) Just kidding.

I haven't visited your blog directly in a while (just been reading Google Reader, and it looks great! Did you use a template you found online? If so, let me know where!

crystalH said...

Wow! I used to be a nanny for three boys but taking care of just my one boy has me pooped. So I guess all I can say is wait until number two comes for me huh? I think you should make a point to spend a least a few hours alone with just Gavin every month or two. Phil and I have decided that we want to do that with our children and believe me the boys I used to watch would have craved that from their mom. Just a note of encouragment. I'm glad the English Camp went great. Recover quickly and tell us all about it.