Sunday, January 06, 2008

2 year old prayers, teeth and a man cow

What does a 2 year old pray for? I'm not sure what other toddlers pray about...but Gavin never ceases to remind me how God cares about even the littlest (and silliest) of things.  Just the other day Gavin decided to start his prayer with "Dear Swiper"... hmm.  He's been overly excited about Swiper these days (for those of you who aren't familiar w/ Swiper, he's the villain-esqe character from Dora the Explorer).  Gavin 'sees' Swiper everywhere and after shouting "look, Swiper" he sticks his hand out, in classic Dora style, and shouts "Swiper no swiping" 3 times.   Anyway, after explaining to him that we only pray to God and not to anyone or anything else- real or fictitious- he proceeded to thank Jesus for "peeing on the potty" and for "poopy cookies" (the crackers he gets when he poops on the potty)!  I should keep a running list of things Gavin prays for.  He always includes Cami and playing at Cami's house, but often he wants to thank Jesus, or pray for the snow falling outside, the train coming down the tracks, hot chocolate... and my latest favorite: "Thank You Jesus, Carter no crying."... at least he's thinking of his little brother- even if he's just thankful he's quiet and no longer crying!  

Our little Carter is soon going to be all grown up! His first 2 teeth finally came through on New Years day!  They're not quite big enough to get a good photo- but I'm just glad the crying and no sleeping are improving!  

More funny Gavin things... lately we've been finding Gavin asleep in his brother's crib (when Carter isn't in it- thankfully!).  Apparently, it must be more fun to sleep in the baby's crib than your own lofted bed with a tent!  

Gavin repeats most everything you say these days... just yesterday he was helping JB when JB said "Holy cow" about something (I can't remember what he was doing), but Gavin suddenly  blurted out "Man cow!" with great intensity.  In an effort to make an exclamation he combined  Swipers favorite phrase "Oh man" with JB's "Holy cow"!  

Finally... Gavin likes to collect spare change he finds laying around (mostly that has fallen out of JB's pockets on the couch!).  He usually takes it right to JB and tries to slip it in his pockets... but today I heard him 'jingling' as he walked by- I looked  little closer and all he was wearing was a t-shirt and undies... he had slipped all the change he found in his own 'pocket' in the front of his undies!  So, needless to say we immediately made him a bank to store all his spare change in!  

1 comment:

Donnie and Blythe said...

I love these Gavin stories! Esp. the "poopy cookies" and the change in the undies! So funny. Katya loves swiper too and yells "neelzya, Swiper!" to anything that makes a swishy sound. By the way, happy anniversary to you! I love hearing married couples sound so in love. -Blythe