I know you all come check the blog in hopes of finding something interesting about Russia or us personally... not exactly to find out if Gavin's figured out how to use the potty...but for those of you who were wondering- 3 days into it and G is doing really, really well! He's excited whenever we do the "potty dance" after he's "pottied"- and enjoys all the big boy undies we bought him while in the States. So, please keep praying that he continues to make progress each day and that one day we can quit buying diapers for him b/c they are almost impossible to find here in his size!
In other news- the weather is beautiful- warm and in the high 50's- I love fall! We are especially enjoying fall here in Ekat b/c of all the trees- everywhere! Krasnodar had very few trees compared to the forests and tree lined streets here. It's beautiful to look out our apartment windows and see trees filled with beautifully colored leaves. And Gavin loves running through piles of leaves the grandmothers have swept into piles (to collect and bag!). We try our hardest to keep him from destroying all their hard work...but no amount of supervision can keep a 2 yr old boy out of all the piles of leaves the kind grandmothers "must have swept up for his enjoyment"! or so I imagine he thinks.
Tomorrow we're off to church and hoping to get through part of the service. It's so hard with an active toddler. He's not old enough to participate in children's church (which isn't anything elaborate, but he is too active to sit through a 15 minute Bible lesson and to play a few organized games- though he loves doing the craft!) and he definatly doesn't make it through much of the service. Fortunately, Carter is still little enough he sleeps through most of the service... So, JB and I take turns watching Gavin when he can no longer handle sitting quiet and still in church- though I'd settle for just quiet :)
When I have more time I'll share about some exciting plans in the work for the "English Cafe"! We're so excited about what God is going to do here in Ekat- We know that He has big plans b/c Satan is working very hard here- and we all know he wouldn't waste his time if something wasn't going on. Thanks for remembering to pray for us- we need it everyday!
1 comment:
Good job, Gavin! We're proud of you. Iris, you're inspiring me to get more intentional with Katya's potty-training. Gotta keep up with the Hecocks! :)
Post a Comment