Thursday, September 20, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Dorthy was correct when she said "there's no place like home"... or at least a place to call your own! It's so great to be back in Russia and to be getting settled into our own place. I can't wait to post pics of the apt... just give me a bit of time to get it unpacked and to find spaces for everything. The apt is absolutely beautiful- everything is newly remodeled and even the odd wallpaper colors (yellow, bright yellow, sparkly yellow) seem to fit with our stuff. weird, I know. The first thing we did was organize the boys room... it's not finished yet, but it looks so nice! I'm so excited about the matching sheets/quits I brough back for them and the room has a camp/moose/bear theme. I made curtains this summer to match their quilts and I have
wallies (die cuts shapes out of wallpaper) of bears and moose to put on their shelves (that we still need to buy). We looked this summer for drawer pulls but all the ones we liked were super expensive...I couldn't see spending that much to put cute drawer pulls on their dressers :) Maybe I'll look on ebay and see what I can find...

Anyway... I promise I'll post pictures as soon as we get stuff orderly enough that I don't mind posting it for the world to see :) Until then, you'll just have to wait in suspense. Everyone is starting to get over jet lag- it's been so hard with both boys getting up in the middle of the night- and just last evening Gavin starting getting sick again (same old thing- horrible cough and wheezing) We gave him his meds and sent him to bed- he sounds horrible today and is definately not feeling well, but at least he hasn't gotten any worse!

I can't say enough how glad we are to be here. Not only to just get back to normal life, but to get on with what God's called us and what we've been striving towards for years and years. It seems like ages ago that I first acknowledged that God had called me to overseas ministry and then after several years we finally came to Russia...only to be students for 2 years and still dreaming of what kind of ministry we would be part of here...and the time has finally come- we're finished studying full time and we're jumping into ministry with both feet. Can I say this is exciting!?!!! Scary, too...but God has given us some big dreams that we believe he's going to accomplish in this city- please continue to believe and pray along side us for what God is going to do here. Pray for doors to be opened and for people to come to know our Father, pray for people to cross our paths that we can build relationships with, pray for boldness and courage for us to get out and meet people. And I'M praying that we'll be able to ENJOY seeing God working during this whole journey! Thanks for joining us!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Your excitement is contagious - I'm so excited to see what God is going to do with your ministry!

crystalH said...

We will be praying for you and especially Gavin. This is something that seems to put a damper on your ministry and it's not from God. My heart is to get people praying for this certain need. I can't wait to see pictures of your new apartment. We also can't wait to talk to you guys on Skype when you get all set up! Talk to you later.