Okay... not that dramatic, but I was panicked enough for there to have really been a fire.
We had an incredibly crazy weekend and both JB and I were up early (4 or 5am) everyday. Sunday morning at 3am I woke up b/c Gavin was crying and I thought maybe he had fallen out of bed. I checked on him downstairs (he was fine, just wanted some water) and came back to bed... only to stare at the clock for an hour b/c I wasn't able to sleep. Suddenly both JB and I sprang up in bed b/c we heard the smoke alarm in Gavin's room going off. We flew down the stairs- and for all of you who have been to our place you know that the steps that lead to our room are super steep, slippery wood, and ultra narrow- translation: dangerous!!!! so in the 'sprint' down the stairs JB fell and bruised his shoulder and side and I, fortunately, caught myself when I fell b/c I missed the last step. We turned the living room light on and opened Gavin's door and the alarm stopped. No smoke, nothing. Gavin hadn't even rolled over! So, we still have no idea what caused his alarm to go off- but we're thankful there was no smoke to be found! Though, I was too panicked to ever get back to sleep- it did give me some time to return emails! The moral of the story- we will be buying a few smoke detectors when we're in the states- I had a terrible time trying to find them here b/c people simply don't use them b/c everything is constructed of concrete. And I've been told that the ones they sell here don't pass American/ European standards and they're not able to sell them- not sure how true that is, but for peace of mind, a few more smoke detectors never hurt anyone!
That's all for exciting new in the Hecock home... still haven't decided on a name for our littlest son- we're open to any ideas! We're just kinda stuck b/c the names we like sound terrible in Russian and we can't seem to agree on a name that 'works' in Russian and we like. So, send your suggestions our direction! The only stipulation is that it can't have a "th" (Ethan) or a "W" (William)... and we'd like something with a few syllables... we're trying to stay away from names that start w/ "B" (my nephews are Brady and Brennon) and we don't really want another "G" name- though we're not completely opposed to it.
Okay, enough for now- have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening where ever you are in the world! Blessings!
1 comment:
i've always been partial to igor.
it's nice and manly, don't you think?
Post a Comment