Friday, March 09, 2007

Happy International Women's Day!

Women's Day... I have to say it was nice to not do too much today! There was a ladies lunch with a bunch of expats in the city this afternoon that I was really looking forward to, but as the morning went on I found I didn't really feel like going anywhere and I was really enjoying my day with JB and Gavin. I managed to finish the final novel in the series I borrowed! I have never read through anything so quickly in my life! Apparently it's pretty obvious that I haven't had any pleasure reading books in a very long time! It seems like I haven't read anything outside of text books, ministry related books, and parenting/pregnancy books in the last 9 years! That's just not right! I had forgotten how much I enjoyed reading as relaxation! I am always despereatly in need of some 'escape' and relaxation after a long day in the market, shopping, or simply driving around town... I really need to make a point to ask for some non-ministry, non-parenting related reading!

JB woke me up this morning with waffles and Gavin was already dressed and ready to dive into the day- I decided the only thing I really wanted to do today was have a few people over- I love entertaining and cooking- but I know it stressed JB out when I have a list of stuff I want to accomplish- so I told him that we wouldn't even bother cleaning the house (how can you really w/ a toddler...you put stuff away to see it dragged out again the next moment!)- especially since Fridays are usually the day I set aside to do the real cleaning. So, we enjoyed an evening w/ our friends- and Gavin had a blast playing w/ their 2 kids- I'm sure he will sleep well tonight! I am proud to say that all that time I worked at Pizza House West comes in handy now... I always make my own pizza dough, but we had a nice selection of pizza's tonight...bbq chicken, ham & pinapple, broccoli/chicken/garlic- yum! And I made apple crisp for desert. It was a great night to just enjoy one another's company and watch the kids play together- Gavin is definately going to miss playing with his friends here when we leave :(

Gavin. He's been into slamming doors lately. The worst part of it- is that every room in our house has it's own door (between the kitchen/living room, the office, the bedrooms, etc) so there are more than enough doors to slam! To top it off they all have glass windows in them and I'm horribly scared that they will shatter one of these days. Needless to say- Gavin has become very accustomed to time-out thanks to his door slamming. Yesterday I bough a few few 'gaurds' that slip over the top of the door so it won't close all the way (yeah, he also gets stuck in a room and is sometimes unable to turn the handle to let himself out). I thought this would help the problem...the wooden doors not slamming into the wooden frames...but rather, it's made it worse! He's so frustrated he can't close the door all the way that he shuts it multiple times very hard! Before I was even awake this morning he managed to break one of them into 2 pieces by closing the door so hard! On a sweet note- he's been insisiting on taking a special toy to bed with him at night and nap time. Yesterday, I walked into his room while he was sleeping and in his right hand he was holding a big yellow car and in his left was George (his blue elephant)! It's so cute when he cuddles up with a giant firetruck and George! Only a boy!

Baby news...last night he was moving all over the place! For the longest time I could only feel him doing flips, but with in the last week or so he's been bringing out the tae-bo moves... I love this part of pregnancy!

Tomorrow...cleaning and studying!

No comments: