Saturday, July 22, 2006

woo hoo

What a past couple of days! Wow. I don't know that we've independantly studied this much in a long time- probably b/c we usually have class every day and don't have to stretch to come up with 30 hours of study time each week... we've been getting up and studying all morning, eating lunch and studying in the afternoon... and it's Saturday- and we're still studying! I'm very proud of us for working so hard- I'm sure it will all be worth it!

While we've been studying, Gavin has been having a blast playing with Natasha... coloring, building, climbing, running...he just hasn't stopped. So much so, that he went running into the kitchen yesterday and tripped over the leg of his high chair and fell flat on the floor- Needless to say his lip was injured in the battle- I was just glad he didn't cut his gum- last time he did that we had some 'early' teeth popping through- so, he just had a fat lip and lots of blood...! After we got him all cleaned up I snapped a few pictures- notice the poor little guy's still clinging to George!


Luxuries. I wish I could say it was my weekly manicure or massage...but instead- it's my cup of coffee. I love coffee. I don't really remember when it started- college, working in the office, sitting at Eat N Park... but since living here, I've really come to appreciate a good cup of joe. Recently, JB bought a miniture, battery-powered whisk from IKEA... I have to admit, I didn't think this tiny whisk would be worth much- but I have to say, I was wrong... it has been one of my favorite 'toys' lately- I heat up a little milk, froth it with my little miniture whisk, add it to my coffee and top it with a little cinnamon! mmmm... perfect! And sometime I'll even add a little fresh whipping cream- al la la! a party for my mouth! Since moving here I have become very cultured on milk products since everything is sold by the percentage- 0-3.5% is the milk we know, 10-12% is like half/half, 20-25% is sour cream, and then... my favorite 30-33% whipping cream... there's other stuff in there (buttermilk and the like) that we don't buy... but I'm sure I'll find a need to know the percentage of fat one of these days, for some reicipe!

Lastly! I recieved some fun and exciting (at least for me) news the other day- I got an email from the Scrapping Garden asking if they could use my page as their featured LO this week! Starting today, our little Gavin is on the front page of their website! And you can read a little blurb about me here.

Oh, one last thing...here's my last LO for the contest I entered... This pic was taken a few days before Gavin was born! And the journaling is taken from my pregnancy journal when I was about 3 months prego- Enjoy!


13 more days till the Wigal's touch down on Russian soil!!!! I so can't wait! Sarah leaves tomorrow for Guatamala for 9 days- if she crosses your thoughts please pray for her! (her busyness is just beginning...Guatamala, 'Burgh for 3 days, Russia, then straight to Toccoa to start school! My little girl is all grown up... and is going to be very, very tired by her first day of classes!)





No comments: