of the hunt, that is. We signed the contract today! Yeah. Not sure if JB is totally happy with the place, but I'm sure it will grow on him. It has less space than our place now, but a bigger kitchen! (woo hoo! even though I have half the cabinet/counter space). JB let them know we'd take the place but shared with me how bummed he was that we'd have no yard (translation- no where for Gavin's pool or to do shashleek) but God is good- when we went to sign the contract today I noticed a gate right next to the stairs- we asked the landlord about it and sure enough it's a little side yard with a nice tree! and it's ours! The only downside is right now it's full of junk- an absolute mess, but lots of potential! I can't wait to get over there and clean it out and maybe get a little swing for Gavin... I'm so excited!
We've been dying because of the crazy heat right now! Just days ago it was in the mid 60's and today it hit the high 90's...not even mentioning the humidity! The digital thermometer on the store across the street read 42C (about 107F, but it was in the sun... doesn't count exactly, but gives you some idea). The upside is that our new place has 2 AC units! We've been everything we can to keep cool for the time being- mostly playing with Gavin on the patio in his little blow up pool! He loves the water. Right now his thing is trying to drink it...when he's in the tub, the sea, the pool, from the cats water bowl! We've taken away all his buckets and cups from his bath toys, but he uses his hands or his shovel to drink from! Praise the Lord he hasn't gotten sick from the water- I always cringe when I turn on the faucet and the water is brown... we let it run and often it clears up, but just as often it doesn't! When he gets out of the tub you can see all the dirt from the water that has settled on the bottom. Eww.
JB is babysitting for 2 weeks. Not a child, but something that consumes (almost) as much time. Our friends Xbox. LOL. We decided he could buy one (for Gavin, of course) when he finishes language school...only b/c he would spend all his spare time playing. It will be good when Gavin gets old enough, b/c I'm a terrible person to play with...I'm video game challenged, and don't generally enjoy the shoot em up genre of games...I'm more about DDR! Get me a dance pad and we'll play all night long!
Okay, off to bed. Tomorrow we're headed to the water park to cool off! Pictures will be coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment