We broke our waffle iron yesterday- yummy! I am so thankful for it and so look forward to enjoying it as a family on Saturday mornings. I forgot to mention my other exciting purchase Friday- beautiful, matching tupperware! I've been buying a few pieces at a time each time we're out, but when we were out Friday, there were only a few left so I bought the rest of what we needed. I'm proud to announce we are the proud owners of a matching set of tupperware. I don't know why I get so excited about something so simple, but it's about the only thing we've bought here that is good quality AND matching! We've been holding out buying living room furniture b/c I want my cake and I want to eat it too- ie good quality, matching furniture set- that I LIKE...Who knows when we'll find it! Till then we're using the furniture that was here and pull out sofa that was given to us- not the prettiest thing, or the most comfortable, but we love it just the same!
We just sent out our newsletter this afternoon- if you want to subscribe just email us- or check out the latest copy at www.heyhecocks.com . Church this morning was encouraging- I'm beginning to understand so much more. It was great to understand and be able to sing most of the worship choruses, to understand most of what people were praying, and to catch the main point of the sermon. I'm still a long way from understanding a majority of the service, but I finally feel like I'm able to participate more! Praise the Lord! This is the first Sunday I've sat through a whole service in a long time- JB sat in the lobby with Gavin following worship. I look forward to the day when we can enjoy church as a family w/o one of us hanging out in the lobby with a little one. But I don't foresee that happening anytime in the near future...Maybe like 7 years from now!
Right now it's 3:05am. I'm awake listening to the Superbowl online. Praying the Steelers will get their act together! These are times I would love to be home in the 'Burgh...I can't even imagine the madhouse Pittsburgh must be these days, nor can I begin to imagine how crazy that place will be if the Steelers manage to win this game! I know I had more I wanted to post- I'm just too tired to think!
No comments:
Post a Comment