My Nepali gloves. I love them, they're my favorite gloves...For many reasons. They're colorful wool, fingerless and/or mitten transforming type gloves, they're from Nepal...But the best part is I have matching socks! No, seriously- they were a Christmas gift from JB two years ago.
The first Christmas we were married JB bought me (from REI!) a pair of colorful, wool, Nepali socks. Two years ago, he found these mittens. I have worn them every cold day since. Till the tragedy, that is... About a week ago, I was getting off the trolley bus and they caught on a screw and it made a hole. I was so bummed. I thought about stitching them, but they're knit and I knew it would never look right, plus...Each day the hole kept getting bigger and bigger (ie less likely that I would be able to fix it!). Then...(*dun dun duuuun*) I asked our classmate, Alita, the knitting master from the west coast :) , if she could possibly fix them. She rocks- the next day she showed up w/ her "tools" and went to work. She gave my glove back to me today- looks like new! I couldn't even find a trace of the wounds left by the trolley bus! Alita- aka Knitting Queen!- Me and my cold fingers thank you!
1 comment:
не за что! Я очень рада теья счастливый!
Signed, Alida AKA "the knitting queen" LOL!
Post a Comment