Monday, January 30, 2006

Our little boy is growing up...

Our little boy is growing up...More and more each day. Yesterday he turned 9 months old! I have no idea where the time has gone. It has flown by at warp speed and left us w/ a baby that is no longer little! Each day he is learning new things, disliking new foods, tormenting Elbrus- our cat- more often, filling our home with his laughter, and blessing us w/ his smile.


He'll be walking here so soon. So much of me just wants to freeze time, right here, for a little while. While he's still little enough to cuddle, while I'm still the only woman in his life, while my touch will stop any tear, while JB and I are the only ones who can make him smile and giggle so hard...

Every day he's changing. In the last few days he's figured out how to shake his head- It's not quite "no", more of a combination of "yes" and "no"- it's so funny. He only does it when he's in his high chair though. He has mastered the art of picking up cheerios and peas and other little treats and successfully getting them into his mouth, he loves drinking out of his sippy cup, and his newest "fun" is taking off his socks in bed and dropping them over the side. Every day when I get him up from his nap I find a pair of socks on the floor next to his bed, and a giggling son still inside.

I love him. I couldn't imagine life with out him. I can barely remember not being a parent, and that's okay.

No comments: