That about sums it up. At least one of us has been sick since we returned from retreat. Our house has been filled w/ unusual colored running noses, middle of the night croupy coughing, fevers, pink eye and now ear infections. I'm the 'lucky' one with the ear infection. I started taking antibiotics yesterday afternoon and yesterday evening my ear drum ruptured- yes, crazy painful- right under labor and kidney stones- in my estimation. I'm feeling a bit better today- the severe pain of last night is only an achy/sore pain now. I'll take it. I'm looking forward to the ringing in my ear stopping and being able to fully hear in my left ear (right now it sounds like I'm under water!)
Today, we also got some disappointing news about the building we were hoping to rent/remodel for the community center. The owner isn't willing to negotiate at all and will only offer us an 11 month contract- so, he's not willing to put forth any money towards the remodel (putting in bathrooms and flooring, etc.) and he could very easily significantly increase the rent after 11 months (and lots of money invested on our end.) Ugh. We know full well that God has a plan... would you pray with us for that to begin to come to fruition? We know He wants to see His church grow in SPb and we believe that the community center is where He is leading us.
On an encouraging note- check out our colleagues blog for a great story of a new brother and sister in the kingdom. Our colleagues, Donnie and Blythe Mason, are currently in the states on home assignment, but they have a great story that I wouldn't do justice 'retelling'- so enjoy it straight from their blog!
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout-out! I'm so sorry to hear the discouraging news about the property, and about your health. Praying for both!
Post a Comment