Fun times in the Hecock home! I'm not over my "ear issues" yet, still can't barely hear and the ringing is non-stop in my left ear, but I'm told as my ear drum heals it will all improve - but please keep praying.... I never realized how difficult it is hearing only from one ear!
Yesterday I spent the morning teaching Gavin and Carter (yay for homeschool days!) and the afternoon baking more cookies and making frosting for the cookie decorating night we hosted for our English Cafe students. We spent the evening decorating fall cookies, chatting and then ened the evening by sharing the things we are thankful for.
Today was Carter's first day of "school". Gavin goes to "detsky sod" 3 days/week, but we have recently decided to let Carter go to "school", too. He loved his first day- and his teachers and classmates loved having him! I think it will be great for him, especially through the winter as outside time becomes less and less as the days become shorter, the temps dip and the snow and mud come!
This afternoon I had a great time playing hostess to a group of high school girls from from the International Academy. We had a great time, laughing at JB's funny stories, decorating fall cookies, drinking coffee and just hanging it. I love having our home filled with teenagers! And I love being "Aunt Iris and Uncle JB" to our teammates kids :)
Tomorrow our Field Director comes for a short visit and Sunday our church celebrates it's 7th birthday- pictures to come!
Enjoy this little video of Emmi - her favorite dining position- one foot up on the tray! Good thing her high chair has a secure buckle b/c she loves to lean as far over the edge as she can!
2 comments:
Looks like she's ready for zumba!! xoxo
How did she do that???
Post a Comment