So, for all of you wondering... No. Cupcake is not here just yet. My doctor decided a few weeks ago that she didn't want to deliver our little girl the day after Thanksgiving. You can imagine how bummed we were that she chose black friday sales over delivering our baby, but we can already see God's timing in it all. Carter has had a high fever for the last 2 days and that would have been no fun w/ me in the hospital w/ a brand new baby who would have been coming home today. So, hopefully we'll be free of illness before she arrives. So...when are we expecting her? We decided to (re)schedule our c-section for my due date- this Friday, December 4th. My doc was willing to do it any weekday this week, but b/c of childcare issues we decided to wait till a Friday when everyone was off work for the weekend. I head back tot eh doc tomorrow, for hopefully the last time this pregnancy. I've had unusually high blood pressure the past 2 weeks, so I really would be shocked if she insisted we have this baby before Friday, so my Mom is sticking around town till after my appt tomorrow just to make sure we'll be waiting till Friday (unless Cupcake makes up her mind to come early on her own before then!).
In the mean time we enjoyed an amazing Thanksgiving celebration with nearly all of our family- we had 22 people around our table and 11 spending the night (and 3 dogs tagged along, too!) . We're so blessed this year with a home big enough to accomadate everyone! Friday we woke up to our first snow of this winter and bid farewell to my big sis and her family, then headed out with my parents and lil sis to Fred's tree farm and hauled home the most beautiful (and insanely cheap!!!!) tree we've ever had. It's huge and the whole house smells of fresh spruce. Amazing. We set up our fake cardboard fireplace and hung garland, watched several Christmas movies and have enjoyed the amazing light displays up all over town.
Today, JB preached at church and I didn't even get to go b/c Carter was so sick. Spent most of my day cuddled on the couch w/ the little guy while Gavin enjoyed the time w/ Mema (my mom) and their 2 dogs. So, until our little Cupcake arrives, we'll be sure to enjoy the last few days as a family of 4! Tomorrow Gavin and I are squeezing in a coffee date to the "reindeer hot chocolate store " (aka Caribou Coffee!)- can't wait! Blessings!
One last thing...for those of you still wondering what Cupcake's name will be? Yes, we've picked one- we actually shared it w/ our family over Thanksgiving via a little contest. Here's YOUR chance- her initials are ENH- any guesses? We didn't have any guess both names correctly on Thursday, but many came close- think you have an idea? leave me a comment!
1 comment:
Hmmm, I thought it was going to be Lily, so I guess I'm wrong. Maybe Elizabeth Nora? Or Ella Nadine? Or Esther Nadia? Am I allowed 3 guesses? Can't wait to find out! And I'm so glad you get to have a real tree this year! Enjoy it.
Post a Comment