Home sweet home in СПб (SPb). Ramblings from my mind about our family, life and ministry here in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Enjoy your peek into our world!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
You can "buy" just about anything...
So, it seems like we've been searching for a preschool for Gavin for way too long now. I've been all over the Internet, on the phone and polling parents on the playground since last Spring. What I've learned is that I should have signed Gavin up for preschool days after he was born- and I'd probably still be on the waiting list! Our region of the city has the longest waiting list for public preschools- and consequently the fewest number of private preschools! All the places we've visited have offered Gavin a spot in their school (w/o waiting our turn on the list) if I come and work. If only that didn't defeat the purpose of sending him to preschool- to get away from those of us who speak English! :) What did I learn today? I can "buy" a spot on the waiting list! I was on the Internet looking for preschools in our region again and ran across a forum of moms selling/trading spots on the waiting lists in different regions of the city...maybe this might be worth looking into :) I have 4 places to call tomorrow- lets pray we find some good options so we don't have to buy a spot in line just to get Gavin into a school a few mornings/week!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment