It is 9:45am on June 9th.... I'm looking out our window and it's snowing! Come on! How is it possible to be warm enough to wear capris and send the boys out w/ just light jackets just 2 weeks ago and today there's snow!? Really? In relation to the weather... I had a crazy dream last night. I dreamed that I was walking down the street downtown and all the leaves had changed colors and were falling to the sidewalk- I had missed summer altogether! Apparently it only lasts for a week! Scary that that might actually be the case! I sure hope we get some more warm days soon!... though, it is nice to be able to sleep comfortably at night- the heat in Krasnodar was brutal- even this early in the summer! So, I guess snow in June isn't so bad after all :)
Birthdays. We celebrated Cami's 2nd birthday last night. It's not her birthday. Or even close really...it's still nearly 2 months away. But, being the holiday people we are- I couldn't stand to miss her birthday (we missed last years b/c of being in the states waiting for Carter's birthday! and they will be back in the states for Home Assignment for her birthday this year!). So... we invited Jason and Carolina over and surprised Cami w/ some gifts, and Elmo cake and all the decorations! They were all so surprised :) ! I loved it. Gavin loves Cami- they play so well together- she mimics ever move he makes and they laugh and giggle together till they are exhausted. He is going to miss her terribly when they leave next week to head back to the states....and we'll definitely miss her mommy and daddy :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment