Sunday, February 24, 2008

Who turned up the heat?

Seriously- we're overheating over here! Yesterday was no doubt the warmest day we've had since maybe October (?) ! It was actually above freezing! I had to wear my tallest boots just to keep my jeans out of the mud and slush that was everywhere... looks like I'll be wearing them all spring!

Looks like the weather isn't the only thing really warm- JB and Gavin both have fevers :( Poor guys. They both feel terrible, fortunately Motrin and Tylenol bring their temps down below 103! JB also has a terrible cold...maybe he's finally getting the flu that we all had several weeks ago :( . Everyone has been telling me that the spring is the worst time for illnesses here- and have encouraged me to try all different kinds of 'grasses' from the pharmacy to make into teas for JB and Gavin! I tried a few of those teas before at the suggestion of Inna and I doubt we'll ever try them again - lol! Someday I need to write down all the 'home remedies' that have been suggested to us and/or we've tried. That would be an interesting post!

Yesterday I left sick JB home with sick Gavin and (still healthy, for now) Carter- to go to our ladies outreach. We made cards and decorated picture frames for Women's Day (8th of March) and we discussed the 2nd chapter of Calm My Anxious Heart. I drove separately just in case I needed to take off and come home depending on how the boys were feeling, but I was able to stay the whole time. Only 2 girls from EC were there- but it was a good time to spend some time with them and have some good conversations.

English Cafe on Friday was great. We had 11 visitors! And our highest attendance to date. We talked about 'professions.' We discussed different jobs and during the course of the night watched a short film on "How to be the lazies person and work and still get paid." It just gave some practical tips on how to do nothing at work- but still look like you're working. The students thought it was funny- and it led to some good discussion of what a good employee is and why it's important to have a good work ethic (even if you don't like your job). I was surprised to see 2 girls show up that I met at the mall last week! We just started talking in one of the stores and they found out I was an American and I found out they both studied English in school... so I got their #'s, invited them to EC...and the rest is history! Please pray for Albina and Nastia!

Here's the invite I designed for our March 8th ladies outreach- we printed them out on glossy paper and they look really sharp :) I was very excited that they turned out so well.

Please be praying for a great turn out of ladies. We have a speaking coming in from out of town, but we're still looking for a musician- the one we thought we had (a professional clarinet player) fell through-

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

new blog new blog! you're a month behind sister! we need some news! heart ya! A