Just to catch you all up to speed on Carter- He's still running a fever and threw up again this morning. We started him on an antibiotic yesterday morning. He seems to feel pretty normal- playing and laughing, though slightly more cranky than usual. And of course his breathing sounds terrible- reminds me way too much of the way Gavin sounded when we had to take him to the hospital... hence the reason I called the doc this morning. She's coming tonight around 7 to take a look at Carter. We're just praying we won't have to take him to the hospital. Those of you who got to hear about my hospital experience with Gavin when he was 18mo know exactly why... I still cry talking about it. Not something I want to put my child through. But, we did get a list from the American embassy of their recommended hospitals and clinics here in the city if we aren't able to treat him from home.
As for the rest of us... Gavin seems nearly back to normal and for the first day he's not running a temp- though his breathing is still leaving a lot to be desired thanks to his asthma- but he'll be back to his usual energetic self very shortly I'm sure. As for JB and I... we're surviving! He is functioning mostly due to DayQuil and NyQuil! And I'm trying to get along with the limited meds I can take b/c I'm nursing.
On a funny note... we found this summer than Gavin has a huge fascination with tractors. So much so that he would sit at the table at JB's parents house and look through Opa's Fastline . Fastline? Yeah, I didn't know what that was either... it's like an auto trader but for tractors and trucks. So, to our surprise- Oma included a Fastline for Gavin in our latest package we received yesterday! Believe it or not, he was more excited about reading Fastline than his new Dora and Thomas books she also sent him!
1 comment:
just prayed for yall phil
Post a Comment