So... we enjoyed the very first new year's eve at home since we've been married. Wow- it was nice to be able to be home and not have to worry about the kids being up super late or having to keep an close eye on G all night long. I made meatballs, a batch of American brownies (thanks BAC! Yumm!), my broccoli dip with pita wedges and some taco dip... and we had a Prison Break marathon. Our Canadian friends introduced us to the series and right now we're in the middle of the first season. Wow. Every time an episode is over you're left hanging till you have a chance to watch the next one- so- we got to watch 3 last night amidst fireworks going off everywhere! They really started up here right after midnight and continued till at least 4 am- though I heard some at 6 when I got up to feed Carter. Fortunately, the boys slept right through the commotion- Yeah for new windows! Especially when the neighbors are launching fireworks right outside the boys window and from the balcony above their window. Yes, not only is the city like a war zone with everyone launching fireworks from every courtyard in town; but people also launch them out the windows of their apartments. Hence the reason we don't take the kids outside to watch the show! JB did step outside last night for a few minutes with the video camera- even if you can't see anything- just to hear the sound of such a huge fireworks display is amazing... I'll post a link when we get it up on the website.
Now... for the exciting happenings of the past year (in no particular order):
*We finished full-time language study!
*Carter joined our family
*We got to hug our families and friends back in the states
*We moved to Ekat
*Bruce (our cat) flew on a plane for the first time
*Gavin is sleeping in a 'big boy bed'
*Gavin is potty trained, Yeah! (though...we're still working on the night times)
*We celebrated 5 years (soon to be six in just a few days) of marriage
*Carter began rolling over- and now he's a rolling machine!
*Gavin experienced his first-ever tractor pull and county fair
*Our family traveled over 8,000 miles (thank you Central District for the van!) visiting family, friends and speaking at churches.
*Gavin learned how much fun snow can be... for sledding, skiing, playing in, or just watching it fall from inside the apartment
*We flew over 10,000 miles
*Carter is sleeping through the night
*Gavin got his first pair of skis
*We experienced the coldest temps we've over seen (-20F)
*Gavin turned 2 - sharing a Sesame St birthday party with 30 guests in our apartment in Krasnodar
*Gavin (re)met his cousins and grandparents and got to know them (again) this summer
*I started once a month cooking (taking one or two days to cook for the entire month and then freezing it)- and now I'm addicted
Okay... I know that that list is just the tip of the iceberg and that I'll surely think of many many more things that I should add...but- oh well! :)
1 comment:
Happy New year, Hecocks! We found a new series too: Monk. VERY funny! I wish you a wonderful, blessed 2008.
Post a Comment