Yesterday I interviewed a sitter to watch the boys while I study during the week. Loved her. Can I say again that I LOVED HER! Hopefully I won't be feeling any different after 2 or 3 months... we'll see! Her name is Alyona and she is 19. She has 2 young nephews that she always sits for. She was great with Gavin and the fact that she didn't run away after seeing him tear though the house laughing and screaming with excitement... maybe that's a good sign that she'll stick around:) LOL. She is very high energy and seems to be willing to do anything I ask of her- she even offered to do some cooking if I wanted! Though since most all our meals are prepared for the month- there isn't much to do outside of making G a sandwich for lunch and warming a bottle for Carter. She is a student studying to be an English teacher- I think she was a little disappointed and confused when I asked her to speak only Russian to the kids- but I promised her that we could make time each day to speak in English- like when the kids are sleeping maybe? The only problem is that I was hoping that she could watch the kids each week while we host the English Cafe- but since she speaks English, she wants to attend- which is a great thing, but now I'm left having to find someone to sit with the boys every other Saturday night :)
Update on my friend Kelly-The latest I've heard from my mom is that she had her surgery and it turns out what they found was malignant but the are confident they removed everything. So much so that she won't have to do chemo or radiation. Please continue to pray for her continued healing.
Last, but definately not least- the latest pics of the boys! Enjoy!

Carter's fall pic

I found G asleep under Carter's crib- silly kid!

Carter's 3 month photo

Isn't he so adorable!

Carter enjoying his 'jungle' gym

Gavin with a big grin- He can't help but smile when there's food in front of him!
1 comment:
Hey Iris! Wow! I'm so glad you found someone who seems to mesh well with the boys! I hope all works out. It's probably going to be a great outreach as well. And hopefully you will be able to find someone for Saturday nights. I'm so glad all is going well with your ministry. It would be so cool to come over before we get assigned and bring a small group to help with contacting and outreach. I would love to see some pictures of your house like the living room, kitchen, etc. and I would love to see some pics of the city too. It seems beautiful with trees and grass. I didn't really invision that of Sibera! Call us at home if you can sometime since you all have use of vonage. Phil was so excited to talk to JB the other day! Well, I may be contacting you later with questions on having a new baby boy now that you are seasoned! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment