Sunday, August 05, 2007

Carter has a passport!

Thanks to all of you who have been praying... Carter's passport arrived today! After only 11 days of waiting! But, with one praise comes another request- please be praying for our visa situation. We just recieved word today that the university we planned on getting our visas through has just denied visas to 2 other American families- so chances are we won't be able to get our visas through the university; though regardless of where we get our visas JB still plans to study at the university. So, please pray that we can get visas in the next several weeks- our return date is August 31st, so it would be great to be able to leave then and not have to wait a few more weeks.

Carter is 3 weeks old- yesterday! I can hardly believe how quickly time has passed already- he is starting to fill out and is 'finding his voice'... he's barely cried up until the last few days- but those days of a quiet baby are coming to an end :)

We've been so busy since he's been born...we've been to Pittsburgh twice, spoken at 3 different churches, and spent 2 days at Beulah Beach Camp. We had such a blast at camp- Gavin especially enjoyed digging in the sand and swimming with JB. Right now we're in Zanesville, OH- we're speaking at Zanesville CMA tomorrow morning...so tonight we've been enjoying the pool, AC, Papa John's Pizza and Cable (mostly TLC and Nick Jr! hehe). Tomorrow after lunch we'll head to Canton to meet my longtime friend Michelle for a cup of coffee, then we'll head back to New London so that Monday we can meet up with our colleagues from Russia- the Beckers, who are here in the states. Then, Tuesday we will rest. Hopefully! I am so exhausted...mostly of traveling, but I think I would definately benefit from a few hours of uninterupted sleep or at least a good mid-day nap!

Carter is awake, so I'm off to feed him then hopefully lay down and close my eyes for a little while till he's hungry again :)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Iris and JB,
Your newest addition is beautiful! Have fun having "the boys"...and I hope everything will work out before Aug 31. God bless you all...

Kristy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be following along from now on...I'm expecting a post soon about the amazing people at the Bridge Church.