This past week Martha and I took a trip to Amish country and stopped at a Mennonite Bulk Foods store and I stocked up on sausage seasoning, salad dressing mixes and spices. Then we drove down to a fabric store and I bought material to make my first quilt- okay...don't go too Martha Stewart on me- it's only a really super simple rag quilt- but the fabric is outdoorsey moose/cabin/bear prints in Flannel! Won't that be toasty on a cold Siberian night?! We'll head back down there so I can get material for curtains for the kitchen and boys room- now that I have some idea of what I want!
I had another doctor's appointment on Tuesday and our little son is breech again! He can't seem to make up his mind! It seems to me that he is constantly turning flips! Dr Karasik said that he'll do an ultrasound in a week and a half (July 10th) and we'll see where he's ended up before he does the C-Section on the 13th. I have one more appointment before the ultrasound (next Tuesday the 3rd)- I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has been! I'm almost not ready to be done being pregnant! I know that must sound crazy, but I'm not nearly as uncomfortablely huge as I was with Gavin and not having near the trouble getting around... though the heat and humidity hasn't been fun. My doc said that I'm actually measuring 1cm small! This point w/ Gavin I was 2cm big! So, we'll see if that is just reflecting the position of the baby or maybe he will be significantly smaller!
In other news- JB is very glad to be back and it's been interesting noting the things that have struck him about being back in the states- You can make right hand turns on red here and there are 9 different varieties of Oreos in our grocery store (and not a single oreo to be found in Russia!), people are so polite and eager to help, and then there's the 'hugeness' of everything here... not just the size of drinks and food portions but people as well- it's strange to not be the biggest person around!
Where are the Hecocks? We will be in Pittsburgh till Monday (we'll be at ACAC Sunday for the 2nd service), then we head back to New London b/c I have another doctor's appoint on Tueday. We'll most likely be in Ohio till the birth of the baby b/c Gavin has his appointment with the Pediatric Lung Specialist at the Children's Hospital in Cleveland on Friday. JB is preaching at New London on the 8th and the baby is scheduled to be born the following Friday. Wow. So, if you want to meet up with us- get in touch w/ us we'd love to see you! You can leave a message or email us and we'll be sure to get you our cell number...yes, we finally have an american cell number (complete with a pink LG Chocolate phone...that will eventually become Sarah's phone)...though my hubby looks pretty good with a hot pink phone on his belt!
No comments:
Post a Comment