So... it's back! Gavin is definately sick. Poor guy. He was up most of the night coughing and weezing- he coughed so hard that he broke lots of tiny blood vessels in his face- he looks like he has freckles now :( He's still running a low fever- and has been lethargic enough to not mind sitting still for his breathing treatments. He even took an extra nap this morning :)
Not much else to say... met with our language helpers today and had a good class- though I was so tired b/c I was up w/ his coughing all night! And I suspect tonight won't be any better as we have to give him another breathing treatment at midnight and again at 4am! Oh...interesting culture note- in class this week we're discussing dreams and the importance they hold in Russian culture- even in the life of the believer. Did you know... if you dream about live or raw fish- you're pregnant, if you dream that you've lost teeth- someone in your family will die or come to visit (vague...love that!), if you dream that you have long hair- you'll be going on a trip, if you dream about blood- someone from your family is coming to visit. All very interesting. Everyone I've asked about the meanings of dreams seems to know quite a bit- and they've all referred to to a "sone-ik" (not to be confused w/ Sonic...though a cherry-limeaid would taste really yummy right now!) Do we have something like this in the states...a book where you can find the meanings of your dreams? All this makes me wonder if God speaks though dreams here more often that He does in the states...or rather that we don't look for the supernatural in our dreams or aren't open to it??? just thoughts. On that note...sweet sleep!
* Just so you all know, time hasn't changed here yet (like it did in the states on Sunday) so... till Sunday the 25th we're only 7 hours ahead of EST instead of 8! Thanks!
1 comment:
I read in Genesis today the story of Joseph when he's in prison. He says isn't God the giver of all intepretations? That was a neat little note I'd never noticed before.
-Nick
Post a Comment