Sunday, February 25, 2007

This has been one crazy weekend... for starters- it snowed! Yeah! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see snow. I know that sounds absurd considering we live in RUSSIA! But, I'm not kidding, this is the first decent snow we've had all winter and it's actually COLD! So much so that with our heat turned to max, our house is still only 60 degrees! So we're all bundled up and keep our curtains closed most of the day to keep the cold air coming off the windows to a minimum. We already taped all the windows and even have plastic over a few in order to keep the drafts out, but there's no way to keep a concrete house very warm!

Friday was "Men's Day" so Inna had the day off to spend w/ her husband and kids (since they were off school) - but I was glad to be able to relax a little as I wasn't feeling so well- and we're always glad to have a free day to spend with Gavin. He's officially down to just one (3-4hr) nap/ day- which is great...but it really stinks when he goes to bed as soon as we get home from school and we don't see him till dinner! It allows us to get lots done and plenty of studying in, but we feel like we see him very little. So, before his nap on Friday we bundled him up in his stroller and went for a walk down Krasnaya. On our way home the snow started falling :)

Saturday morning I met a friend for coffee and JB was planning to take Gavin out to buy a sled since a significant amout of snow had fallen overnight. As I was getting ready to leave the coffee house we got a phone call from JB b/c our car had been backed into... How someone can miss a bright yellow SUV, is beyond me! So, we flew down to the market to find JB. The car isn't badly damaged- just the door really, but the other drivers around were very unhappy b/c JB wasn't moving the car so they could pass. Legally, if he moved the car he couldn't file a report w/ the police- so, eventhough it was blocking traffic- he wasn't about to move it. An hour after the accident the police showed up and they filled out all the paperwork. I got Gavin and we hopped a tram home and JB spend the next five hours at the police station trying to get insurance stuff figured out- and to make a long story short- we will probably never see the insurance money b/c the driver was from out of town and would have to come back to Krasnodar to get things setting w/ his insurance company in order to get JB money to fix the door. All that said, we are very thankful that no one was hurt and that the car is still drivable. Though, we were very bummed that we missed the monthly English worship service b/c JB couldn't get home in time- not that he was in the mood to drive anyway :)

Oh, and Gavin has been mildly ill all weekend- it all started with a 'rash' and low fever... had itchy bumps all over his body that were too similar to chicken pox for my comfort- but amazingly after a benedryl and a nap they went away (?)! Only to reappear the next day- in different locations. I thought maybe it's an allergy- but we can't figure out what we've changed or given him that's new? No sign of mystery rash today, but he's had awful diarhea all day- I don't think we've been through this many diapers since he was a newborn! What a day!

In other news- Baby Boy #2 seems to be turning flips every chance he gets! As soon as I lay down he starts moving. I've only felt a few knees and elbows- its mostly been acrobatics! And weird cravings have included tomatoes, all citrus fruits, and milk! For those of you that know me well- I hate milk. There is nothing appealing about it to me- not even when it's chocolate milk...but it has tasted so wonderful to me these past few weeks- I know that it can only be pregnancy related. Oh, and on a strange note- I think my other cravings have been hard on my husband...ie- when I want sausage gravy and biscuits- there is no Parkertown or Bob Evans to run to... I have to grind my own pork, make my own sausage, gravy and biscuits! Poor JB just wants to pack me up in the car and go out for supper... then there's my random desire for Cheetos- the crunchy kind- that they don't even sell here! He may just be happy to get me back to the states so he won't have to clean up the kitchen after me and my 'american food desires'!

Back to class tomorrow! Counting down the months till we're done... Less than 4!!!!!!!

Oh, one more thing...I've been looking everywhere for bedding for BB#2 and really wanted something outdoorsey for his crib- till he gets in a twin bed and will have matching quilts with Gavin (thanks to Oma!)... I finally went to Cabela's today after looking everywhere on the internet- and I found this (http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=search_redir&rid=&indexId=cat20682&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat20682&id=0038252 ) and it's even available in twin! So the boys can have matching beds till their both in big boy beds! Yeah!

No comments: