Okay...not exactly a world tour, but our traveling has come to an end, at least for a little while- till the summer when we hit the states and travel nonstop before and after baby Hecock is born!
Before we left for our 'tropical anniversary "vacation" ' in Siberia I meant to update my blog with a whole list of random things...but that obviously never happened! I also meant to post our latest ultrasound pictures- but due to my prego brain- I forgot our second child at a friends house- and couldn't scan them! But, the pics of he/she are safely back at our home now - so expect to see them here very soon!
Random thoughts that I meant to post earlier:
* we bought a crock pot!!!! And it's 220V so we don't have to run it through a transformer! This is the first time we're ever seen them in Krasnodar and to top it off it was on SALE!!!
* Gavin's newest word is "hot"...and he says it all the time- accenting a different letter each time "Hhhot, hOt, hoTtt..." so cute! Especially when he lays in bed and we can hear him "practicing"! Anything he is not allowed to touch is - "hot"...the computer, the stove, everything on the kitchen counter, the tv remote!
* Those of you who know us, know that we love moose. Especially around Christmas time. I've always wanted an angel to top our tree, but have never found one I've loved, so since we've been married we've always had a moose tree topper- this year is no exception and Gavin had a blast pointing out all the "moo" on our tree and throughout the whole house. Every time he sees a moose he points and yells "Moo, moo"!
* JB recieved a preschool toy for christmas from my folks and couldn't be happier! When he saw GeoTracks on Toys'RUs website he insisted that Gavin "needed" it and went crazy when he found out my folks had purchased a set for my nephew, who is Gavin's age- JB wanted one so badly- for HIMSELF! So, mom and dad bought and sent him the GeoTracks Train set and he and Gavin have played with it every day after nap time! 2 happy boys in the house.
*Gavin knows JB's parents as "Oma and Opa" (german for Grandma and Grandpa)- the last night they were here we told Gavin to give Opa a kiss goodnight- we walked up to the SOFA and kissed it then came right back to me!
* I wanted to share this story quite awhile ago, but we hadn't told many that I was pregnant yet- My morning/all day sickness has been so much worse than when I was pregnant with Gavin- almost anything can trigger my gag reflex and send me running to the bathroom- I walked in the kitchen when I was 8 or 9 weeks along to find Gavin's cheeks stuffed full of cat food- I called to JB to make him spit it out as I ran to the bathroom to lose my lunch... on my way out of the bathroom I did a U- turn as I found Gavin with a spoon in his hand in front of the cat's litter box- eww!!! He hadn't eaten anything yet (Yeah!) but the sight of him getting ready to dig in was enough to make me sick!
Okay...that's more than enough for now! Expect to see pics from Ekaterinburg and our ultrasound coming soon! Pray for us as we head back to school tomorrow and Inna is back to watching Gavin all day :( Tomorrow is going to stink having to leave him at home... We've had him all to ourselves for a few weeks- that makes it even tougher- though I know she can't wait to see him- she misses him like crazy when she's not here. We're so blessed to have a nanny that loves and adores our little one!
No comments:
Post a Comment