Monday, January 22, 2007

Fruit of Finland

I realized the other night, as I was enjoying a bottle of Dr Pepper- from Finland- that I never got a chance to write about the nice parts of our quick trip to Finland! I think it will always be refreshing for me to go to Finland... if only because everything is clean, the trams run on time, people are polite and I don't have to pay for bags everytime I go to the grocery store! On top of the fact that nearly everyone speaks English and I can buy all kinds of stuff there that is not available in Russia... I found a nice stamping/scrapping store this last trip...and I definately didn't leave empy handed! And we also stumbled on a snack shop that was filled with American goodies.... so much to choose from and only 20kg of luggage space! What did we choose??? Dr Pepper, Salt and Vinegar chips, Cheese Doritos, Ginger Ale, Reeces Pieces and Pop Tarts. We also made it a point to eat once at Pizza Hut (they have real pepperoni- yummy!!! that is one of the things I miss so much- pizza with pepperoni) and we also at at Subway and to top it off we found a great Chinese place! The waterpark we were planning on enjoying was only opened on weekends so we didn't get to go- so, instead we ended up at the aquarium. Gavin really enjoyed all the "fishies" and made sure to say "bye fishy fishy" as we left each of the different tanks! So, that was the enjoyable part of our Finland trip- in a nutshell!

Gavin update: he's definately still sick, but making progress. His breathing isn't improving as quickly as it has in the past, but he's definately a little better each day. Still coughing pretty severely and tiring very quickly when playing but, a big thank you to all of you that have been praying for him- please continue to lift him up!

No comments: