Oh, yes. MakAfto... aka- the drive through! Last week when we were out walking and we were handed fliers (happens all the time, so I didn't take too much time to look over them.) Turns out they were adds for the McDonalds that is opening soon- that will have a drive through... I had to laugh when the back described what a drive through was, included a map of the traffic patter and the 2 different windows, and explained how to use it (order and pay at the first window, pick up at the second window, don't have to get out of your car, etc!)... I didn't' dawn on my till then, that no one knew what a drive through was! They just don't have them here in Krasnodar! Hmm...
G fell asleep on the way home and went down for a long nap... When he woke up Yana was here to watch him as JB and I had plans to go out for my birthday (since there was no time on Tuesday as we were just getting home from retreat). JB had reserved a cute little table in the back of a Chinese restaurant- there we enjoyed some awesome food... Some of the best I've had since coming here! Yumm. Then we drove to a little bakery that just opened- near our old house- and bought some pastries and danishes... It's the first time we've been in a place like this here- it was almost like a Panera w/o the sandwiches and soups and tables. We put our pastries in the car and drove downtown to LatteMatte for coffee and dessert and finished the evening by walking down the main street and enjoying the crisp fall weather- it was a wonderful night!
Tomorrow. Class. So as not to end on a depressing note...Here's a few more layouts I put together while at retreat. You can find the credits here.


(this one is the words to a book (that JB made into a song) that we sing to him all the time...one of his favorites right now)
No comments:
Post a Comment