It was wonderful being able to see everyone again, even though I spent so much time outside of meetings and worship b/c Gavin wasn't dealing well with sitting in (quitely!) with us... but, I'm never going to complain about extra time with him...seems like I can't get enough!
(here's a pic of our whole field, along with the ladies that came to do VBS for our kids.)Highlights? Well, Doug and Beth Dry joined us again from North Springs CMA- What a blessing to hear the word and to worship corporately in English! We enjoyed several evenings of hanging out and playing games after the kids went to bed...and enjoying the wonderful treats the Dry's brought for us (twizzlers, jolly ranchers, reeses pieces, etc.). The following picture is from "fun night"... it was a murder mystery theme! So much fun to see all our collegues dressed up and in character! JB and I were "Stoney and Deliliah Wall"- bouncher and former night club singer! So much fun!

Finally, all the girls got together one afternoon to make use of the hotels sauna and enjoy some fellowship over tea! We had a fantastic time :)
We returned from retreat on Tuesday- on our drive home I recieved a call from Svyeta, my language helper, who was watching our house while we were gone- to say that Inna had dropped off a cake for my birthday and it was in the fridge ! That wasn't all... we walked through the door and found that she had also left me a vase of flowers and a card! Next to a little gift Svyeta had bought and her card! What a wonderful surprise! That evening we celebrated my birthday with her cake & coffee with our friends Jason and Carolina (and their 3month old daughter, Camilla) who were staying with us! It was wonderful!
And now... back to school. Can I say more. No, really, it was okay- as always, better than I expect! Oh, the biggest news...almost forgot! Our McDonalds finally opened on the 4th, while we were gone! JB stopped and picked us up nuggets and cheesburgers! Yum. We're a real city now...McDonalds...and in the future IKEA, then, who knows...maybe Papa Johns a few years down the road. Doubt it.
No comments:
Post a Comment