Saturday, October 28, 2006

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...

this is where it all started...roasted chestnuts off the fire. First time I have ever eaten chestnuts. JB, Gavin and I had supper at some friends house- they roasted fresh veggies (eggplant!, sweet pepers, mushrooms, onions) on the mangal (shashleek pit) as well as some marinated chicken! Yum! Then, after supper, Jerry brings in the chestnuts they had bought at the market- warm off the fire... and it was all down hill from there!

JB and I went out for coffee yesterday morning and every song that played reminded us of Christmas! And we went shopping at METRO (european version of SAMS Club) and found wired garland (cheap!) and lots of christmas decorations... we looked all over last year for garland and couldn't find anything close to affordable! And to top it off we found ocean spray cranberries ( I bought 6 bags to freeze) so I can make my mom's cranberry salad and sweet potatoes! The holidays are almost here!

So, in the spirit of the upcoming season, we turned Bing Crosby and friends on...just for today... just to tide us over till Thanksgiving! :) I know. We're crazy. But, we love it.

No comments: