Monday, October 23, 2006

This is the end of the world as we know it...but I feel fine

Back to school. Fun. ??? What am I saying!? Actually, today's class went so well- I was pleasantly surprised! But it really stunk leaving Gavin again... It was so great to spent 3 weeks with him and not have to leave him every day- but he was so glad to see Inna- and she was equally happy to see him! He's talking more and more these days. All the words I figured he would say right away, he hasn't... until now! Yesterday, he turned to us, waved and said "bye"... for as often as we have to say this word, he has never repeated it- till yesterday! Clear as day. "Bye". JB and I just turned to each other as if to say, "did he really just say what I heard?"... and it's been like that since yesterday afternoon- new animal sounds (the latest being *snort* - it's so cute- he scrunches up his nose and actually snorts... though you may think that's what a pig says, according to Moo, Baa, LaLaLa- it's actually what a rhino says!

Gavin has his very first pair of slippers... all Russians wear slippers in the house- and if you go to someones house you always remove your shoes at the door and they usually have several pairs of slippers for guests to wear. We finally bought G his first pair- they're red, but he couldn't keep them on his feet! They make little slippers with straps that go across the back of the ankle for little kids, but his feet are too big and they don't make those in his size! So, I cut 2 hairties and stitched them to the inside of his slippers and now he's able to wear them everywhere! It's so cute!

He is growing so fast... I'm amazed everytime I look at him and think that God used a little of both JB and I to create someone so amazing. Sometimes I just find myself staring at him and praising God for loaning him for us for a season. What an honor to be called "mama"... I just love hearing it off of Gavin's little lips and getting one of his sweet, wet kisses- followed by a big hug! I love him. He is so precious.

I want to sneak into his room and take another little peek! But, I should get to my desk and get a little studying in before going back to class tomorrow! Other exciting news? Happy Birthday to my mom today! LOVE YOU! MISS YOU! HUGS!

No comments: