This past week has been full of activity and goodbyes...I hate goodbyes. We made it over to the Ukraine and back without any problems. It was a very long and exhausting day, but I'm glad it's over and we're registered for another 6 months! PTL! We fit in lots of get-togethers with our friends Patrick and Janet (aka The Goodmans) before they left for Ekaterinburg- Siberia... we had a cookout and a dinner and went to the water park and finally, they spent their last night in Krasnodar here and everyone came over for one last lunch before we took them to the airport that afternoon. I have never liked saying goodbye to friends and family, but it's kind of comforting knowing that we'll most likely see Janet and Patrick soon... on a trip to Ekat or we'll cross paths in Moscow, or at the very least hook up when we're in the states at the same time- so I didn't feel like this was a final kind of goodbye, but never fun either way!
Tomorrow the Rundstroms arrive, so Don is spending the night as he and JB have to go to the airport to pick them up at 4am! yikes! I'm getting ready to make muffins to leave at their new place for them and I'm making them Chicken Parm for supper tomorrow night! Donnie, Blythe & Sarah arrive in Krasnodar next Friday- I can't wait! It's going to be so busy around here, but I'm still very excited! The Fishers come the 1st of August, school starts the 2nd and my mom and sister arrive the 4th- exactly 1 yr from to the day that we first stepped foot in Russia! I can't wait to see them! I'm bursting at the seams excited! I am in need of some hugs from my mom (she gives the best ones around, closely followed by JB and my sister Sarah!) ... not to mention they're bring luggage filled with goodies (starbuck/ Eat'nPark coffee, pepperoni, ranch mix, taco seasoning, recent family pics of everyone, books, a baby gate... )... and the best part is- they'll be here for 3 whole weeks- and my dad will make it for the tail end of the trip (yippee).
Hope you enjoy all the pictures I uploaded- lots of good stuff !

Our family on the 4th of July
No comments:
Post a Comment