Friday, May 19, 2006

We're back!

We've made it back from Anapa! So much to tell about the things God's being doing in my life this past week, but not much time tonight, so I'll just give you a quick update!

Birthday Pictures and Gavin
Hopefully you've seen that I've finally posted Gavin's first birthday photos! I still can't get over how big our little guy is! I find myself sitting and just watching him all the time. I really am amazed at how he has grown and changed. He barely quits "talking" these days and is the life of the party. I am so glad that he loves being around people. He had such a wonderful time this week- while we were in meetings all day he was with Inna, 3 other nannies, and 8 other little kids (under 5)! He loves playing with other kids! It was fun to see him interact with other children his age- as he doesn't get to do it very often being home with Inna and not having a nursery at our church. I was shocked to see how big he is compared to his little friend- Zach. Zach is 2 1/2 and not taller than Gavin. Given, his parents are no where the size of JB, but still... It put my sons enormity into perspective for me! Towards the end of the week all the little kids came down with a fever, but that was the worst of it- PTL! And Gavin is feeling fine now. I'll post some pics from the sea- not sure it is possible for a little boy to love water more than Gavin does! He couldn't wait to get his little piggies in the icy cold water! He couldn't keep him away!

Computer
Glory to God- our computer is functioning much better! I can hear all of you out there scream "you should have bought a Mac"...We know, we know... But, fortunately, our problems seem to be behind us for the moment...

Car
We have a vehicle! Everything went through and we are now the proud "owners" of a Ford Escape! Thank you to everyone who has selflessly and generously given to our vehicle fund so that our life can be a little easier here! I can't wait to take it grocery shopping- so we're not hauling bags of veggies and juice several blocks!

New House
Not yet. We're anticipating looking at a few different places this week and hopefully finding something that will suit us very soon! I am dreading starting to pack our things... I hate packing, and I absolutely can't stand unpacking! It was so great to move here with so few things- they literally fit into a few boxes and suitcases! But now we have furnished this place, so it won't be a cake walk to pack it all up! Please be praying for us that we can find the perfect place! Oh, and on a note of praise- Inna told me this past week that she really wants to watch Gavin- no matter where we live- and that she will try to work it out! It is such an amazing blessing to know how very much she loves him! I can't even begin to explain the peace that comes from God's provision in our lives. And even if it turns out that there is no way she will be able to watch him, I'm trusting God to bring another woman along who will grow to love Gavin like Inna does. HE can.

No comments: