Thursday, February 09, 2006

Things I've Been Learning Lately...

Things I've been learning lately...

If it's snowing in Krasnodar- don't bother waiting for your bus to come- you're better off walking! Twice this week I've been stuck waiting in the snow and cold for a bus that never came...Needless to say, after 40 minutes of waiting, I walked and still beat the bus to my house.

When making caramel popcorn, even if it says it will bake for 1 hour, it will inevitably burn in the first 15 minutes when you go upstairs to tuck your son into bed! Yesterday I made caramel corn and it burned in the few minutes I was upstairs putting Gavin down to nap.

If you burn caramel popcorn, your Russian language helper will inevitably like the burned popcorn better than the "good" unburned popcorn. How is that? I will never know.

No matter how good a desert looks at a restraunt, don't fool yourself into thinking it will be tasty. Chances are it won't. Maybe you think you would be "safe" with icecream, but you could always end up with caviar flavored icecream or some other obnoxious flavor... Russian deserts look beautiful- but they never taste near as good as they look. You're better off buying them for a beautiful centerpiece than hoping they will satisfy your sweet tooth. Stick with Dunkin Hines!

Your son has the amazing talent of finding the most irritating sound and making that sound repeatedly- even from the sweet age of only 9 months old. Gavin recently got his 2nd top tooth in. He has perfected the art of "grinding" his top and bottom teeth together. It literally makes my skin crawl..How could he figure out, already, how to make his mother shudder?!

Giving your son a cookie won't distract him enough to make him stop grinding his teeth together. YOU LOVE COOKIES! EAT!!! STOP MAKING THAT NOISE- MOMMY IS GOING TO LOSE IT! WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE YOU STOP!?

If you receive beautiful flowers from your husband (for no reason at all- the best reason of all) your stupid cat will inevitably eat them- then throw up on the carpet! Way to show love and appreciation to the one who feeds you CAT!

No comments: