Home sweet home in СПб (SPb). Ramblings from my mind about our family, life and ministry here in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Enjoy your peek into our world!
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Happy Birthday, Janet!
Happy Birthday, Janet!!! What a day today. I woke up already exhausted and I left class overwhelmed and irritated...Maybe it all started with my tiredness. Nothing comes easily when you're struggling to keep your eyes open, and it's so hard to concentrate when all you're thinking of, is how you can sneak a nap in when you get home! Fortunately, today is Janet's birthday! As is tradition here in Russia she received beautiful flowers. Flowers are on my list of "Things I love about Russia"... They're are flower shops all over- they're beautiful, affordable, and they give them for all kinds of occasions! Also, Russians throw their own party on their birthday... But we decided to take Janet out to eat at an Italian Kafe across town- Prima Vera! I love that place... Most of the ladies, 13 in all, ended up having lunch together. I had French Onion soup and a Calzone- it was fantastic (though not quite as good as Pizza House West! j/k!) . We had a great time of fellowship and celebration! One funny story- two of our classmates ordered salads and decided to split a pizza. They ordered a "marinara" pizza. When it arrived, to their sad surprise, it was comprised of crust, sauce, and SEAFOOD! Complete w/ squid and octopus! Tentacles and all! To top it off- it didn't even have cheese on it! Poor girls just picked the topping off and snacked on everyone else's pizza. I'm glad JB isn't the only one this stuff happens to!!! To finish another successful week of classes, we're sitting down to watch Monty Python: The Search for the Holy Grail. "Ni!" "It's only a flesh wound..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment