Here's an excerpt from an email I recieved from Greta the other day- such a neat story I had to share it with everyone and we've already sent out our newsletters... enjoy.
" I have a great story to tell you about why there are still a few good people left out there. When I was in line to mail the packages from the ups store the lady behind me must have seen the color drain from my face when the first the smaller box was going to be 50 bucks to ship. I knew it would be a lot but had no idea it would be that much. She asked me where they were going and I said to Russia. And without any hesitation she asked if my friends were missionaries there. I said yes and that I thought you might be having a bit of a hard time with it being the holidays and all. She said oh well good luck and went about her business. On her way out the door she sliped me a 20 dollar bill and said she hoped that my packages made it to you and that this was to help cover the cost. Can you believe it???? A complete stranger wanted to help me get my packages to my best friend in Russia. I gotta admit I cried because God knew that I was standing there trying to figure out how I was gonna finish up my Christmas shoping here after that major blow to the budget. But I also knew that you need some stuff and needed to be cheered up and there was no way that I could not send it to you. Well I must admit that I cried and that now I can go wrap those Christmas presents with a smile because I know that your packages are on the way and that you know have a great story to tell of how kind people can be and so do I. I sometimes forget admist all the stress in my own life that there are people who have a much harder time than I do and that their are believe it or not some good people still out there. Gretters"
Hmm. I just thought that was really neat, not to mention how excited I get at the thought of recieving packages... (*hint*hint*)
No comments:
Post a Comment