Thursday, December 16, 2010

*sigh*

Today has been one of those disappointing and discouraging kind of days.  Nothing terrible has happened... Last night we took another look at my parents itinerary and realized that they are NOT arriving TODAY as we had planned and anticipated, but rather they'll be arriving tomorrow.  Just disappointing when I was really looking forward to seeing them today and then we had to explain to the kids this morning why Mema and PopPop won't be here until tomorrow after nap.  Ugh.  So, I'm already feeling kind of bummed when I hear a *crash* and realize that Carter has just broken one of my favorite (of Emmi's) ornaments- a beautiful blown glass cupcake on a glass pedestal and covered with a cloche.  Before I knew it I was in tears cleaning up broken glass with Gavin looking on.  He walked away and came back a few minutes later and told me, patting my back, "Mom, I prayed for Jesus to wipe away all your tears."  I'm so thankful for my little pieces of heaven that God has given to our family.  I can't count all the times my kids of been such blessings and bearers of God's truth, grace and love.  Later on I went into my bedroom and there, on my pillow was a beautiful handwritten note from Gavin with " I {heart} you".  Precious. 

2 comments:

Donnie and Blythe said...

I'm so glad that God moved Gavin's heart to comfort you! What a sweet story.

Diane Rorabaugh said...

I miss your blog, sweetie! xoxo