Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Houseguest from heaven

House guests.  I know that guests living w/ you for extended periods of time bring different emotions to different people.  I typically LOVE to entertain (though it brings way more challenges w/ our kids being the ages they are right now (5,3 and nearly 1)- but it makes ALL the difference when you have the "right" guest. 

Lena has been with us since mid-October.  Though we haven't been here that whole time (she was gracious enough to do some babysitting and house-sitting for us while she's been here).  She arrived on the train from Ekaterinburg, our former home and the time has flown by!  I can hardly believe we'll be putting her on a plane back home on Thursday.  We've enjoyed time just hanging out drinking coffee, praying together, getting sushi, taking the kids on adventures and helping her improve her English. 

The real reason for her visit is that St. Petersburg is the home of Wyciffe's office here in Russia.  Lena is preparing to serve in Ghana with Wycliffe.  She is scheduled to leave in February, just a few short months from now.  Her ministry will be through English- hence the reason we've been helping her with her English.  She'll be involved in ministry to children during the 2 months she will be there.  Please pray for her as she gathers prayer and financial support and as she gets everything together that she needs for her departure (purchasing plane tickets, getting immunizations, obtaining a visa, etc.) 

We've been so blessed by Lena's presence in our home and I know I'm going to miss her like crazy when she's gone again!  No doubt the kids will as well- Carter has recently taken to calling her "my Lena"... as in, "Mommy, where did MY Lena go?" I'm sure come Thursday I will be hearing that question quite often. 

No comments: