Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Never boring

Just as my life is getting ready to be anything but boring as JB starts tour on the 12th... Last night I couldn't sleep due to contractions that started at midnight. I drank several glasses of water and spent the next 2 hours on my left side praying they would go away. Finally, I woke JB up and called my Dr. We spent the next hour trying to find someone who could sit with our sleeping boys while we went to the hospital. We returned back home after 7am this morning- after spending the night hooked up to monitors and IV's and seen by docs all night long. Eventually my contractions stopped on their own and when all my labs came back I was relieved to know that I was not in preterm labor. They didn't really offer me an explanation- but I'm happy enough with the good news :) Though it doesn't do much to ease JB's mind as he gets ready to start 8 weeks of tour on Saturday. At least he'll be close to home during the first week.

Tonight, I feel fine, outside of being exhausted after being awake all night. Please pray that our little girl will be healthy and that we won't have any more scares like last night- especially while JB is away.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh, that's scary! I so wish I had another car, because I would totally loan it to you so JB could easily come home even when he's gone!

donandbella said...

We'll be praying for extra protection for you in these coming weeks! Do you have someone you can call to help you in the night when JB's gone? We love you!! God sees your little girl and is holding her. -B