
She loved Gavin like he was her own child- and we loved her dearly. She became one of my closest friends and an incredible support to me. When we moved here we were blessed to find Lena- she started just babysitting for us on occasion and over the past year she has been our regular sitter- every Thursday night while we have Action Group and Saturdays during English Cafe and Tuesdays and Wednesdays while we're studying with our tutor... not to mention, she always house sits for us when we are out of town...

She has become so dear to us and our boys. Gavin has this incredible respect and love for her- he knows not to cross her :) and he loves her dearly- he almost always cries when it's time for her to go home! We found out not too long ago, that we would be losing Lena- she accepted an offer to run a business here for a Christian-run company centered in Moscow. While being happy for her b/c of the great opportunity and financial provision this job would be provide-we were very sad to know that she wouldn't be available to watch our boys any longer. Her store opens on Tuesday. I feel like I'm losing Lena, as well. She has become one of my very closest friends here- it's nice to have a girlfriend here to pray with, shop with and drink coffee with! I'm sure we'll still see her lots though :)
Little update... I started writing this several days ago and wasn't able to finish it- Thursday evening, Lena called, just as Action Group was starting and I was trying to keep Gavin quiet and busy while we were getting ready for prayer time- she said she was finally free and wanted to know if I could use some 'help' b/c she was on her way home and getting ready to pass our place. Of course I took her up on the offer! Then Friday night she called and offered to watch the boys when she was done w/ work so we could both go to English Cafe- little did she know that everyone else I had called to watch the boys for Saturday night hadn't been available! So... then, when she gets here Saturday night she tells me that she's worked it out that she'll be available to watch our boys during our ministry events and while we're studying! I didn't know what to say- I just started crying. There's lots more to add about how God has blessed me and our family so much through these two women- but It really sank in big time when she told me how she had specially arranged her schedule just because she wanted to watch our boys. God is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment