Thursday, September 18, 2008

Boy walks for the first time

After 14 months, Carter finally decided it was time to walk on his own! For weeks now he's been walking and only holding onto one finger of ours...today he finally let go! Too bad I wasn't there to witness it! Ack! I just knew I was going to miss his first steps! Thursdays we have Action Group at our house- so Lena, our sitter, takes the boys out to play for a few hours, then they come back and the boys take a bath and go to bed. Lena brought the boys back early tonight- she pulled Carter out of the stroller and announced to me that my little boy is walking! I could barely believe (and barely hold back my tears of disappointment that he had been walking for an hour already and I had missed it!). I'll have to wait till tomorrow to watch my former-baby stroll, or waddle as the case is, across our living room floor- he was too tired tonight to do any walking for mom- he got "walked out" at the park by Lena!!! I'll post video if I get the opportunity- Stayed tuned!

No comments: