Thursday, June 26, 2008

Figured it was about time for some pix

Here's one of the latest of Carter- during a morning walk to the 'train park'

More of Carter- 11 months... can hardly believe he'll be a year old in just a few weeks!


Here's Gavin playing on one of the old trains at the 'train park'... There are literally trains 'parked' on pieces of track as 'playground equipment' for the kids to climb on! What I would give for some plastic slides and a little swinging bridge!

These next two pics were taken out our living room window at 10:45 pm! It's light here so late! It's nice to be able to play outside later, but makes it's so tough to get the kids to sleep...and then they wake up way early since the sun starts to peek through our windows beginning at 4 am these days!




In other news- Carter has been sick for some time now- he's still running a fever- though it's lower today than it was yesterday- always a good sign. He's just cranky and wants mommy :( Poor guy.

Gavin shocked us the other day when we heard him in his room playing shouting out "Oh Day-bit" (use your imagination) to his stuffies. I couldn't believe what I thought I heard- so I asked him what he said...and sure enough he replied "Oh Day-bit". Hmm... Not sure where he would have heard such an obscenity...so I asked him where he heard it- he started to quote one of his books to me "Oh David, P.U, Open up Davey, Hold still, Oh David-I love you"! But... it still catches me off guard to hear him from across the apt yelling his version of "Oh, David"! These are the days it's nice not to live in America...I wouldn't want to have to explain to the other shoppers at Target that they didn't hear my sweet toddler scream an obscenity, he was just trying to...

He hasn't exactly perfected the ks sound either (thing socKS)- Instead of Bob the Builder's "Can we fix it" it's "Can we fick it?" and it's Swiper the fok, and his toy bok... He'll get it one of these days :)


I recently stumbled on a new site for moms- Cool Mom Picks it's full of all kinds of fun kid/ mom stuff. I found a fun tshirt that would be perfect for all the little traveling MK's we know- and this piece of toddler friendly carry-on luggage - this is next on our to-buy list! For as much as we travel- this would be amazing for Gavin- he could pull it or ride it or we could pull him while he rides it! And it is the perfect carry-on size! I can't wait to have it for our visa trip (flight to Moscow, flight to Spain, train ride to the coast and all back again!) Gavin loves to travel, but hates the waits and walks in between flights/trains- so a trunki would be a real treat!

Tomorrow we're off to the graduation at the Ped college- so I'm going to go and make cards for our students! Toodles!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

First, love that t-shirt - how cute! And second, when, exactly, did Carter start looking like a little boy instead of a baby? Did I just miss a bunch of pictures? :-)