Monday, June 30, 2008

Birthday

While putting Gavin back to bed after 'catching' him in the living room:

Me: Gavin, what were you doing out of bed?
G: I eat pretzels, mama (laughing)
Me: (laughing too much to be mad) Okay...don't get out of bed again. I love you.
G: Mom?
Me: Ya?
G: Carter birthday?
Me: Yes Carter's birthday is very soon.
G: Gavin birthday?
Me: uh huh?
G: When George birthday? (George is his beloved blue elephant that he can't live without)
Me: um, I don't know...

So.. after telling him I loved him and kissing him (and all 3 of his georges) good night- JB and I decided that we'll have to have a birthday party for george sometime very soon!

One more funny Gavin story... When we we pray at meals Gavin always wants to pray. He often thanks the Lord for 'normal stuff' like food and drink and family...but lately he's been adding more creative things...namely "poop". Really??!!!? We've been trying not to encourage him... mostly for fear he'll thank Jesus for "it" while we're guests in someone elses home! But, I suppose if you're thankful for something, you're thankful, right?!

No comments: