Today is JB's 29th birthday. This is the day I am especially thankful to his mother for bringing him into this world and to his father for leaving the Daytona 500 to drive her to the hospital!!! The last 2 days have been a great little celebration for us! Yesterday Jason and Carolina (and Cami, of course) came over to eat cake and drink coffee. I baked a carrot cake and of course frosted it with cream cheese icing (in my opinion, the best part!) then decorated it, complete with a moose! Today, JB opened gifts this morning when he woke up and then we spend the day together- playing and shopping for a new printer...and browsing all the fun gadgets he would love to have! We had pizza (with american pepperoni- thanks BAC!) for supper and the rest of the carrot cake. During our time downtown we stopped at the post office and picked up a package...that just happened to contain a fun birthday tablecloth, banner, plates, napkins and noisemakers- just in time for our supper tonight! All day we've been getting phone calls and Text's from our Russian friends wishing him all kinds of things for this next year...health, happiness, luck, all good things, wealth, rest, etc! Fun- this is one Russian tradition I just love- it's almost poetic to me that way they speak their birthday wishes to you -it's never just a simple "happy birthday."
Happy Birthday, JB! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment