Sunday, February 10, 2008

Exciting stuff going on!

Wow... it's been a great past few days and an exciting week to come! Last night was English Cafe and we had our biggest turnout yet- 22 people showed up- eight of which were first timers... we've now seen 50 different students at EC- wow. That alone is exciting. Last night was a great night talking about love and valentine's day. We played charades acting out different emotions, talked about valentine's day traditions, watched a Peanuts clip, made valentines and discussed word plays you often find written on them. Lastly we discussed our quote for the night- and we able to share what the bible says about 'the greatest love'- we used the Message Remix an it was interesting that no one could identify who said it- mostly b/c it was written in contemporary english.... anyway- we had some great conversation and 3 girls from EC we at our ladies outreach today! Which, by the way, was also great. I was surprised that so many came- and really surprised that one of the girls, Alex, from EC came. She is very vocal about being an atheist and that she thinks God's Word isn't ultimate truth...but yet she came to discuss the book we're all reading- Linda Dillow's "Calm My Anxious Heart". Maybe the Holy Spirit is working in her life- wouldn't that be exciting?! By the way... I'm so glad our discussion of the first chapter of the book is over... I can't tell you how LONG I spent reading, translating, and learning the plethora of words I didn't know so that I could join in the discussion today. Wow... if you've ever tried reading a book that is not in your native language- maybe you'll understand what I'm talking about! So, tomorrow we'll take some time off and Tuesday it's back to normal- JB is working and I'm having a bunch of EC girls over to make valentine's cookies and cards while JB is teaching!

In other news... the boys are great- and healthy, too! Gavin has been funnier than ever lately. The more he learns to talk the funnier he gets. Love that kid! Today I found him counting in russian and then leaping off a chair onto our bed...this is what happens when it's too cold to go out and play for fear of frostbite! He's been on a "blue's clues" kick lately- I drew pawprints on construction paper and Blue has been hiding them all over the house. G loves to search for them, draw them in a notebook, then sit in his thinking chair and figure out what Blue wants to do! So... we started planning his birthday party- even though it's still 2 months away. He wants a blue's clues party- so we ordered a cake pan and a few decorations- he talks everyday about his birthday cake! Can't believe he's going to be 3 already... time has flown so fast! If only he could stay little for just awhile longer?!

You know you live in a big city when you're son lines up his matchbox cars and calls it 'traffic'! Or when he looks out the window of the car and exclaims "Oh man... traffic." Or he starts screaming- "go daddy, faster!" as soon as the yellow light flashes (right before it turns green!).

Tomorrow we're off to the mall for Gavin to play in the indoor playground area outside IKEA...then we get to eat at IKEA- yum :) And, I'm going to try to get JB's birthday gift, too! We'll see if I find the opportunity tomorrow!

1 comment:

crystalH said...

Have fun at IKEA. I wish I lived closer to one. What are you thinking of getting JB for his birthday! We maybe calling you guys when we have our early morning feedings with Hudson!