Saturday, January 19, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry i've been MIA! So much has been going on that I've wanted to write about, but it just seems that I'd rather sit and relax for few minutes when I have a chance than sit down and type.... Sorry!

First I want to say a huge THANK YOU to my MIL, Belleve CMA and the ladies of the Pink Group at ACAC! Thursday was like Christmas for us! I got done studying and walked into the living room and to my surprise there were 8 boxes! Wow! JB went to the PO and lo and behold we had 6 slips in our PO Box for packages. When he got to the window to collect our packages they went in the back and found 2 more! Poor JB was alone and had to carry them all back to the car... of course you can't park anywhere near the PO- so he had to walk quite a ways and make several trips to get all the boxes in the car. But, I'm so thankful for all the yummy goodies and fun things inside for the boys. What, you might ask, did we get? All kinds of fun stuff... pepperoni, cheerios for Carter, new sippy cups, soup mixes (yum, yum, yum! Tortilla soup, minestrone, soup....!), guacamole mix, taco seasoning, scrapbooking stuff, books for G, a new Thomas train for him (that he hasn't stopped playing with since we opened it), crystal light, cake mixes, muffin mixes, mac n cheese, syrup, Jiff.... I could go on for ages- but lots and lots of stuff! Thank you, thank you, thank you! We know it is by no means cheap to send a package this far but we want you all to know exactly how much we appreciate it! It's great to be able to fix chicken noodle soup on a cold day (every day :) ) w/o having to make it from scratch! What a treat to just add water! So, again, THANK YOU!!!!

This afternoon we had a women's fellowship. We got together at a local hotel in a small meeting room and make cards, scrapbooked, made jewelry and had a short discussion time. Carolina hosts these outreaches monthly- but we're going to start meeting twice a month b/c we're going to be discussing Linda Dillow's book- Calm My Anxious Heart... if you haven't read it- it's a must read! So, we'll meet, discuss the chapter of the book we're reading and then fellowship and do crafts. We've been blessed to be able to start doing jewelery w/ the ladies as well as cards and scrapbooking- thanks to North Springs CMA that gathered several boxes of beads and a few tools for us and sent them w/ the Drys to our fall retreat! The ladies love making gifts and jewelry for themselves- So, I've been heading up the jewelry table for Carolina. Please pray for this ministry- that the unbelievers that come would feel welcome and that this would be a means by which they would be introduced to a personal relationship w/ our Father!

I have a really cool story I need to write about- about our car and getting it inspected... it will be long- so I'll save it for another post! But, in closing- please pray for our boys. They're both ill; fever and cough. Please pray for quick healing as Carter is supposed to get his next set of shots on Monday :( . We've already started Gavin back on his nebulizer b/c his cough has quickly become very bad (by quickly, I mean between this morning and this afternoon!). Thanks for remember us and our boys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we will pray for ur boys when we pray for Hudson tonight