Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Food and New Friends

We had a great night tonight. We had some new friends over for a yummy supper of lasagna, salad, rolls and apple dumplings for dessert. Terry and Stephanie (and their 19 mo old daugher Sanoe) are from Canada. He is a pro volleyball player playing on the city team. They just got here in September and will be here through the spring. We met them at the playground outside IKEA at the mall. My sister pointed out that it's very strange to invite 'strangers' over to our house for supper... but if we didn't we'd never have a reason to see them again! It was so much fun to talk to them and for Gavin to have another playmate! He's going to be a multi-cultured kid- Cami's parents speak Spanish to her, Sanoe's parents speak French, and everyone else speaks Russian to him...on top of the English he hears from us! They don't live far from us- so hopefully we'll get to see them again soon- at least to get the kids together!

This week is super busy... dinner tonight, I did our cooking tonight for the month, tomorrow I'll be cooking for Thursday night, dinner on Thursday night for 15 people, Friday I have plans with a friend, Saturday is a scrapbooking outreach with the ladies, Sunday is church and Monday night JB leaves for the week for a conference... then I've got my hands full of two boys by myself!

If you want a laugh check out our website- JB updated it and added some cute videos of Gavin - check it out at: http://web.mac.com/heyhecocks (copy and paste into your browser) Look under "Gavin Can Read Video" and "HappyCake Video"... he gets funnier everyday :)

And... Carter is 4 months old today! I can hardly believe it! Maybe I'll post his monthly pics tomorrow??? we'll see!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THe apple dumplings sounded great. We think about you four often. -phil

Constance Bovier said...

Iris, You two amaze me! Two beautiful little ones and still make time to do this work on the web.I'll update the Tuesday ladies at ACAC.