Friday, October 19, 2007

A Great Day

Great day. Today was a great day... JB and I got lots accomplished for the English Cafe that starts next Saturday, we got Carter's shots, and I got to hang out with Carolina (and all our kids) while the guys were at the Banya. We left super early to get to the immunization clinic b/c we were anticipating traffic- which there wasn't any. We got there in plenty of time and were in and out with Carter's shots. I was surprised that I had no problem understanding anything the doctors and nurses said- definatly a good start to the day :) Carter barely even cried for the first 2 shots- but let the whole world hear him for the last 2. He seems to be doing just fine- not sleeping great- but who would after all those shots! On the way home we stopped at a bakery and picked up some pastries that JB and I shared over coffee during the boys afternoon naps. I love my hubby. While JB and I worked on fliers and brochures for English Cafe- Gavin and I were able to do "school"- something we try to do every morning during Carter's nap. I am always amazed and awed at how much he learns each day. I still don't understand how anyone can have children and not believe in an amazing God... who else could have created them- to grow so perfectly in your belly and be formed exactly in such a way to grow up into a toddler that learns tens of hundreds of new things each day. I am seriously more and more convinced each day that we serve a truely Awesome Creator and Father. Wow. Anyway... so we talked about animals and where they live today... And we played some "what's missing" games where I put three animals in front of him and he closes his eyes and tells me which one I took away. He's getting better at it everyday! The thrill of my day was a phone call from Jeri! ( I love you, girlie! and miss you TONS)- Just when I thought my day couldn't get much better- Carolina and I (with the kids) enjoyed supper and a 'mommy playdate' while our hubbies were at the Banya with the other guys from church. After our children were sound asleep we were even able to share coffee and make cards. Ahh- there is nothing like sweet fellowship. So, now we're home, the kids are in their own beds and we are getting ready to do the same! Have a great day everyone and thanks again for praying for Carter!

No comments: