Saturday, June 09, 2007

My mom is a champ, my hubby is a hero, and then there's some sad news...

What a past several days it's been here in the Wigal home... It all started with Gavin getting sick on Monday night. I was up with him all evening as he threw up- and he's almost all better now except for some ongoing bowel problems. Wednesday evening I got sick with the same bug Gavin had and so did my sister, Sarah. When I got sick mom took Gavin to her bed (since he's been sleeping with me) and then she ended up with Sarah when she got sick a few hours later... so here's my mom- the champ- taking care of Gavin (who couldn't sleep through the tagteam throwing up Sarah and I were doing) as well as making sure Sarah and I were fine. She didn't sleep all night- nor did I :) Thursday morning we were both still very sick, so now she's taking care of Gavin and Brady (whom she watches everyday). I'm only, just now feeling better... only to find out that Brady got it too! Families share everything, right?! Just praying mom and dad don't get sick too! Unfortunately we had to cancel my Dad's birthday party b/c we were all ill and Gavin and I put off our trip to OH till tomorrow morning.

I have the best hubby in the world. He not only sent Gavin and I back to the states 3 weeks before him, but he purchased all our furniture for our new home, unpacked everything, and now he got our DSL up and running! Yeah! It was so great to video chat with him today... I miss his face and can barely wait to wrap my arms around him! Gavin can't wait for him to get here and we're counting down the days till his arrival!

Tomorrow morning Gavin and I leave for Ohio- so I can meet up with a few people on Sunday, only to drive to WVa for my grandpa's funeral. My PopPop has been in a nursing home for over a year now and been suffering from Alzheimers for many years now. Yesterday my Grandma called and said they had PopPop on Oxygen and that they couldn't get him to eat or drink. She spent all night with him and he stopped breathing while she was with him this morning. We all knew PopPop wouldn't be around much longer, but none of us expected he would go so soon. I'm only glad I was here in the States to be with my family. My dad seems okay right now- but I know the next several days will be very difficult for him. Please keep my family in your prayers. Gavin and I will drive to WVa on Sunday and back to Ohio on Monday night or Tuesday morning because I have another doctor's appointment.

No comments: