Only some more of the things that are weird to me after being in Russia for so long... we were walking through JFK airport when I spotted a water fountain- I've nearly forgot what it's like to drink water from the tap, let alone a drinking fountain! When we were out shopping today Gavin had his first sip from an ice cold water fountain! He had no idea what to do- he wanted to just play in it!!
The other night we went to Eat 'n Park and it was so strange, but wonderful to have a glass full of ice and a waitress that kept refilling my iced tea! One other random note... Every time I use the bathroom I keep reaching for the top of the tank to lift the plunger, but all the toilets here flush on the side! I wonder how long it's going to take me to get out of that habit :)
Gavin is feeling much better- we ended up taking him to the ER on Friday night b/c his temp was nearly 104 and he was vomitting - after spending all night at Children's Hospital we found out he has a virus and an ear infection! After a few days of antibiotics and lots of Motrin he seems to be getting back to his normal self- yeah God! We went shopping today- tons of Memorial Day sales! Bought Gavin a few pairs of shorts and some t-shirts ; he had so few summer clothes! Also, I found this adorable maternity skirt that I've had my eye on for months from Target- for 70% off! I think I'll wear it to JB's folks tomorrow. Oh, and mom found G these adorable rubber boots to wear in the yard b/c it's so wet in the mornings- they are little bugs w/ antennas that stick out of the top of the toe- so cute! He and his cousin Brady have matching ones now- can't wait to get some pics of those two together in their little boots!
Autumn and Brennon came over tonight on their way home from vacation! Haven't seen them since we left! I've missed Brennon so very much- he is the most wonderful nephew :) And Gavin took so quickly to Autumn and Brennon- he even curled up in Autumns lap and nearly fell asleep!
Tomorrow we head to JB's folks and Gavin and I will hang out there through Wednesday probably. Martha isn't done w/ school until June 7th- so the only time I'll get to really see them is on the weekends- so I'll try to schedule my docs appts on Mondays or Fridays so I can spend the weekends at their place and they can enjoy Gavin. My first doctors appt in Tuesday morning and I'll spend the rest of the day w/ Jeri and anyone else she 'let' me see...she's threatened to kidnap me and not let anyone else see me :)
Missing JB tons and can't wait till he gets here! Though I'm excited to see what kind of apartment he's 'creating' for us- I'm sure it will be beautiful! And I know Gavin will just love his new bed and his new room that he'll share w/ his little brother!
No comments:
Post a Comment